People are hitting the streets for Pokémon GO. GoProvidence has joined in on the hunt by launching a blog series to help Pokémon GO gamers navigate Providence. Keep reading for more info ...
Next to Benefit Street, South Main Street is one of the most historic areas in Providence. This also means there are a good number of PokéStops and places to catch Pokémon!
There are 26 different PokéStops on this 1-mile stretch of road, which will get you a little more than 1.5 km for your egg incubator. Along the way, we saw a bunch of the usual Pidgeys, Rattatas and Drowzees, but we were also able to see a Slowpoke at the RISD Museum and a Machop.
Further down South Main, where it becomes North Main, is the Roger Williams National Memorial. This is the perfect place to stock up on gear from six different PokéStops and then head to the Gabriel Brenon Gym where you can represent your team in battle. As of this writing, the gym is held by Team Valor by two Vaporeon and a Snorlax.
Check out all of the PokéStops listed below, and be sure to swing by some shops and restaurants while you’re there to stock up on some gear IRL.
- Archway Sculpture
- Providence (Water St.)
- Fox Point Veterans Memorial
- Wild Colonial (had lures)
- HMS Gaspee Plaque (Sons of Liberty)
- World War II Memorial
- Historic Victor Stanley Bench
- The Old Stone Bank
- Kira Fischer Memorial
- Burning of the British Tea Plaque
- RI Superior Court
- Jesse Metcalfe Plaque (land in memory)
- First Baptist Church
- Harry’s Bar & Burger
- Shakespeare Head
- Fleur de Lys Studio
- Twin Lion Tesserae Mosaic
- Roger Williams National Memorial
- Gone From Hence (Roger Williams Memorial Plaque)
- Geometric Greenhouse
- Freedom Acceptance Individuality Sculpture
- A Howling Wilderness (Roger Williams Memorial Plaque)
- The Tree of New Hope (Roger Williams Memorial Plaque)
- A Thoroughfare Town (Roger Williams Memorial Plaque)
- Anchor and Hope (Roger Williams Memorial Plaque)
- Gabriel Brenon Memorial Gym (Roger Williams National Memorial)
- Fellini's Pizzeria
- Hemenway's Seafood Grill & Oyster Bar
- Parkside Rotisserie & Bar
- Harry's Bar & Burger
- RISD Museum