The extravagantly embellished “Wedding Cake” house was built for industrial innovator John Kendrick. The 1867 mansion, attributed to Broadway architect Perez Mason, reflects the euphoric froth of new money. In 1915, Anna Tirocchi bought the house and with her sister Laura made couture creations here for Providence’s elite until 1947. After Anna’s death, everything was wrapped in tissue and put away. Some 40 years later, RISD Museum curators were stunned, as if entering a fashion time capsule, when Laura’s son invited them into the house to catalog and preserve the collection.