Getting Here:Rhode Island boasts one of the region's easiest and most convenient airports in award-winning T.F. Green, located just 10 minutes from downtown Providence. The airport was recently named one of the best airports in the country by Travel + Leisure magazine and the new InterLink station provides fast rail service to downtown Providence and Gillette Stadium.
Staying Here: Providence and the surrounding communities offer a wide-range of accommodation options for the visiting fan. Avoid the challenge flag from your friends and family. Check out our detailed hotel section for precisely the right call.
If you're planning on dining while in town (and why wouldn't you?), there are plenty of places in the area that are a winning call.
- Shula's 347 Grill - Named for the famed football coach, enjoy the satisfaction of perfect steak. They also offer a multitude of HD TVs and other great plates.
- Murphy's Deli - This downtown Irish-style pub features plenty of TVs, giant glass windows, and colossal sandwiches.
- Blake's Tavern - A favorite local haunt, this little bar is brimming with local character. The beer is cold and the food pleasantly surprises.
- Local 121 Restaurant - A gorgeous restoration project, this higher end, locally centric restaurant is in the footings of a former hotel circa the 1920s. One of the most beautiful bar rooms in the city, with varied and consistently delicious beers on tap.
- Luxe Burger Bar is great. Countless "build your own" burger options, "hard" milkshakes, and gorgonzola tater tots... What's not to like?
- Ri Ra Irish Pub is another fun spot, with live music nightly. A traditional "Irish pub" atmosphere.
- The Whiskey Republic, situated beautifully along the Providence River, is a sports bar with a welcome edge. Owned and occasionally frequented by Dropkick Murphy's frontman Ken Casey, the bar features a rocking soundsystem along with many high-definition tvs and an affordable game day menu.
- On the city's East Side, you can find scores of comfortable and classy establishments, like Paragon and Viva and nearby Spats, which often offer drink specials in addition to their full menus.
- Federal Hill, the city's Little Italy has a scores of great restaurants. It's been named one of the best Little Italy's in the country (Mario Batali and USA Today). Featuring a variety of excellent restaurants and shops, this is a great visit for nightlife as well. Amici Sports Bar and Grille is a great bet.
Too many options to choose from? Providence Restaurant Weeks kicked off on January 5 with more than 70 participating restaurants, allowing hungry diners to try some of the best cuisine in the country, while keeping your bank account out of the "red zone."
While you are at Gillette, take advantage of the fantastic shopping and entertainment opportunities at Patriot Place. Featuring brand new stores, tempting dining and the exhilarating Hall at Patriot Place experience, it's a winning season all year long.