With Chef David Bertolini
of Providence Coal-Fired pizza
View Recipe Below
10 lb. Jumbo Chicken Wings
3 ea. Spanish Onions, Julienned
3 oz. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 oz. Smoked Paprika
1 oz. Kosher Salt
1 tsp. Ground Sage
1 oz. Onion Powder
1 oz. Garlic Powder
1 oz. White Pepper, Ground
As needed: Sea Salt
As needed: Rosemary, Rough Chop
1. Rinse wings and dry completely. Set aside and refrigerate.
2. Combine spices. Take 2 oz. of the spice mix with 1 oz. of olive oil and mix with chicken wings, making sure to distribute spices evenly.
3. Mix onions with the 3 oz. of olive oil and season with salt. Spread evenly on a sheet pan. Place under broiler and cook until charred. Set aside.
4. Place wings on a sheet pan evenly in one layer.
5. Cook wings in 500 degree oven for approximately 20 minutes or until the internal temperature of the wings reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Cool wings until needed.
7. When ready to serve, place wings on sheet pan and sprinkle each wing with sea salt. Place some onions on the sheet pan with the wings. Place the entire sheet pan under broiler until the wings become crispy. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with chopped rosemary. Place wings on plate, top with onions and serve immediately.