With restaurants opening up for outdoor seating and takeout, and other small businesses starting to reopen, Providence Mayor Jorge O. Elorza announced last week that free two-hour parking will be available in designated commercial districts throughout Providence. Running from May 22 through July 31, 2020, the free two hours will be offered from 10 a.m. until 9 p.m. each day in the areas below:
- Atwells Ave. – Bradford St. to Knight St.
- Spruce St. – Dean St. to Acorn St.
- Dean St. – Atwells Ave. to West Exchange St.
- Acorn St. – Spruce St. to Atwells Ave.
- Bradford St. – Atwells Ave. to Jones St.
- Bond St. – Atwells Ave. to Spruce St.
- Broad St. – Public St. to Montgomery St.
- Downtown Providence – Bounded by Fountain St., Memorial Blvd., Weybosset St., Empire St. and Friendship St. (from Dyer St. to Dorrance St.)
- Hope St. – Rochambeau Ave. to Blackstone Blvd.
- North Main St. – Thomas St. to Park Row
- Olneyville Sq. – Route 10 to Sydney St. and Delaine St. to Atwood St. to Magnolia St.
- South Main St. – James St. to Packet St.
- Point St. – From Eddy St. to East Franklin St.
- Thayer St. – Bowen St. to Waterman St.
- Wayland Sq. – East Angell St./Angell St. to Gano St. and Wayland Ave. from Angell St. to Pitman St.
- Wickenden St./Ives St. – Wickenden St. at Benefit St. to Ives St. at Preston St.
Parking time limits and illegal parking will still be enforced during this time. For more information visit rethinkpvd.com.