With small businesses reopened and restaurants opened up for indoor and outdoor seating, as well as takeout, Providence Mayor Jorge O. Elorza announced that the free two-hour parking available in designated Providence commercial districts has been extended through Sept. 12. The free two hours will be offered from 10 a.m. until 9 p.m. each day in the areas below:
- Atwells Ave. – Bradford St. to Knight St.
- Spruce St. – Dean St. to Acorn St.
- Dean St. – Atwells Ave. to West Exchange St.
- Acorn St. – Spruce St. to Atwells Ave.
- Bradford St. – Atwells Ave. to Jones St.
- Bond St. – Atwells Ave. to Spruce St.
- Broad St. – Public St. to Montgomery St.
- Downtown Providence – Bounded by Fountain St., Memorial Blvd., Weybosset St., Empire St. and Friendship St. (from Dyer St. to Dorrance St.)
- Hope St. – Rochambeau Ave. to Blackstone Blvd.
- North Main St. – Thomas St. to Park Row
- Olneyville Sq. – Route 10 to Sydney St. and Delaine St. to Atwood St. to Magnolia St.
- South Main St. – James St. to Packet St.
- Point St. – From Eddy St. to East Franklin St.
- Thayer St. – Bowen St. to Waterman St.
- Wayland Sq. – East Angell St./Angell St. to Gano St. and Wayland Ave. from Angell St. to Pitman St.
- Wickenden St./Ives St. – Wickenden St. at Benefit St. to Ives St. at Preston St.
Parking time limits and illegal parking will still be enforced during this time. For more information visit rethinkpvd.com.
We all need a break from cooking this summer. And by "need," I mean I need some dinner from Parkside continue reading ›