Summer is flying by, but we've still got plenty of sunny days before the leaves start to fall. And, it seems like lately there's always something new and exciting going on in Providence, so let's take a look at what's happening at the PWCVB and with you, our partners.
More than 60 restaurants offered specials as part of our summer Providence Restaurant Weeks. Thank you to all who participated! Stay tuned for info on your opportunity to participate in January.
The fall/winter edition of the GoProvidence Visitors Guide is in the works. Now's the time to confirm that your listing is up to date. And be sure to contact Christine Phillips, senior director of community & public affairs, for advertising info.
As part of an effort to boost the visibility of Downtown Providence to local markets, we've partnered with The Providence Foundation, Downtown Improvement District and other key stakeholders to launch a new marketing campaign including billboards, ads, email blasts, social media and more. Check out DowntownPVD.com for a peek at the new campaign.
Don't forget — the GoProvidence Partner Group on Facebook is the place to connect with your fellow partners and PWCVB staff. Got a special deal going on? Post it. Hiring? Post it. Cute picture of your dog? Post that too — we love a good pet pic!
Speaking of photos, if you have great shots of new dishes, recent renovations, fun events or anything else that displays your business, we'd love to showcase them on GoProvidence.com and our GoProvidence social media accounts. Head over to our photo uploader page and show us your stuff.
If you have any new deals, coupons, getaway packages or end of summer events planned, please let us know so we can share them. If you're planning ahead and already have back to school or Halloween fun in the works, please let us know that as well. And, as always, please be sure to add any events or promotions to our online calendar. If you have any questions or difficulties, please reach out to Community Affairs Coordinator Sandra Olson.
Congratulations to the following partners for their recent great achievements, including:
- Hampton Inn by Hilton, Seekonk received the Brighter Together Award, which recognizes the top 1% of Hamptons in guest satisfaction within the region.
- Aloft Providence Downtown was awarded Aloft Hotel of the Year.
- Roger Williams Park Zoo & Carousel Village was recently named among the top 26 best zoos in the country by U.S. News.
- Rhode Island T.F. Green International Airport has been chosen as the sixth best airport in the nation in Travel + Leisure's 2023 Readers' Choice Awards.
- Johnson & Wales University was named among the top 10 best schools to study Tourism and Hospitality in the U.S. by Knowinsiders.
SALES & SERVICES SPOTLIGHT
It's all about service this summer. The PWCVB service team launched festivities for National Celebrate Services Week, July 31–Aug. 4. The team has a lot to celebrate with an average client satisfaction score of 9.85 out of 10! Keep an eye out for upcoming events and opportunities to learn more about how destination services intersect with sales, as well as hotel and convention center operations.
The PWCVB sales team closed the 2023 fiscal year with a whopping $100 million in direct-spend for 2023 and future years. With more than 137,000 booked room nights, the team has set a course for success moving forward. A few of the new bookings are:
- Case Management Society of America – June 1–8, 2024 – 3,093 room nights – $1,396,028 in direct spend
- American Physical Society – June 1–5, 2025 – 1,673 room nights – $1,432,630 in direct spend
- 2025, 2026 & 2027 Irish Dance Teachers Association of New England Regional Competition – November 2025, 2026 & 2027 – 2,160 room nights per year – $1,200,000+ per year
In FY24, the sales team is focusing not only on our target citywide business, but also on regional corporate (weekday) business as well. Watch for upcoming opportunities to showcase your hotel or venue to this valued customer.
IN THE NEWS
There's a lot of great news in the press about Providence and our destination in general. Check out some recent headlines below:
"Underrated U.S. Capital Cities Worth a Visit" — HuffPost
"How Providence Restaurant Weeks Helped Put the City on the Culinary Map" — Providence Monthly