GoProvidence.com and the Providence Journal bring you Small Bites: Easy-to-Digest Recipes. We're a day late for National Lobster Day, but who's counting. Chef Joseph Caldarone from Besos Kitchen & Cocktails shares with us his take on lobster ravioli. This "open-faced" style dish is easy and quick to make. Check out the full recipe and video below.
Besos Lobster Ravioli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup English peas, deshelled
- 1/4 cup wild mushrooms, sliced (your favorite)
- 1/4 cup corn, cut off the cob
- 1 1/4 pound lobster meat
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 cooked lasagna sheets, 6 inches by 3 inches
- Parmigiano-Reggiano, shaved for garnish
- Chives, diced for garnish
Heat a medium-size saute pan over medium heat with olive oil. Saute English peas, wild mushrooms and corn until browned, about 3 minutes.
Add lobster meat and mascarpone cheese and stir until cheese just melts and lobster is warmed through. Season with desired amount of salt and pepper.
Heat pasta sheets and place one sheet onto plate, scoop mixture onto sheet and cover with second pasta sheet.
Garnish with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and chives.
Makes 1 serving.