Located on Newport's Goat Island, Gurney's Newport Resort & Marina provides a refreshing escape from the ordinary. Less than half a mile from historic downtown Newport, this vibrant island retreat offers spectacular views of Newport Harbor and Narragansett Bay.
Gurney’s Resorts most important consideration is the health and well-being of our community, and as the COVID-19 situation evolves, we continue to update our policies and procedures with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). We have taken every step possible to ensure your safety, from check-in to check-out, including the addition of rigorous cleaning protocols, increasing the frequency of cleaning and placing hand sanitizing stations throughout the property.
We have implemented a flexible reservations policy and reservations can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival.
Steps we've taken for our reopening include:
- Self Parking
- Hand sanitizing stations, antibacterial wipes and masks throughout the property
- Arrival package inclusive of your room key, letter from your Resort Manager, and details on our in-room programming offerings
- Complimentary mask and sanitation wipes available
- In-room programming including expanded in-room dining menus
- Robust room service and grab-and-go menus
- Utilization of additional outdoor spaces throughout the resort
- Restaurants are now open for outdoor dining and 50% capacity for indoor dining, reservations are recommended
- Spa open as of June 6, 2020
- Outdoor pool is currently open with limited capacity
- Fitness center is temporarily closed
Travelers from Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Illinois, Idaho, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, North Carolina, New Mexico, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, D.C. and Wisconsin
To help keep Rhode Island healthy, please be aware that we are required to inform you of the mandatory 14-day quarantine for anyone visiting Rhode Island from any state with a 5% or greater positive test rate for COVID-19. If you can provide the hotel with a negative COVID-19 test result within 72 hours prior to arriving at the resort, you will be exempt from the quarantine.
As a reminder, for all guests: Face coverings must be worn in public — both indoors and outdoors — whenever six feet of social distance cannot be maintained. Exceptions are made for children under two years of age and anyone whose health would be negatively impacted by wearing a face covering.
For further questions, please contact the resort directly at: 401.849.2600