Completed in 1892 to serve the wealthy Episcopalians of Broadway, and home for 10 years to the African-American Church of the Savior, this Alpheus C. Morse-designed Romanesque Revival church has been Sts. Vartanantz (All Saints) Armenian Apostolic Church since 1940. Armenians found refuge in the United States after being driven from their homeland by the Ottoman Turkish brutal genocide of 1915 and after. The immigrant arrivals called their new home in Providence the “Citadel” (mitchnapert) for the community’s strength and activism. This community continues to aid and support those in need at home as well as Armenians across the globe facing conflict and persecution.