Senior Vice President, Director of Sales
The Sales Coordinator will work directly with the meetings, convention and sports event sales team to ensure that all the administrative and support functions of the department are operating effectively. This Coordinator is vital to the success of the department and is often the key team member on many special projects. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform general administrative functions and assist the meetings, conventions and sports sales department in day-to-day operations, including but not limited to:
- Translate monthly sales reports into PowerPoint presentations for stakeholder groups.
- Prepare all departmental check requests and purchase orders.
- Assign billing account codes according to department budget.
- Prepare monthly expense reports for sales and service managers.
- Research, plan and assist in executing all details of department events, including but not limited to:
- Site inspections
- Prospective client events
- Appreciation events
- Familiarization tours
- Sales missions
- Coordinate all aspects of sales department trade show participation, including but not limited to:
- Registration and travel arrangements
- Planning and logistics related to trade show booth and exhibitor materials shipping
- Trade show-related expense tracking
- Schedule partner cooperative opportunity participation and complete invoicing
- Assist the sales team with the preparation of both hard copy and electronic bid books/proposals.
- Prepare definite group files for turnover to convention services team.
- Assist sports event sales managers through occasional customer contact to provide service to support the successful execution of events.
- Work directly with sales managers to map and block function space in VenueOps, the convention center diary.
- Assist with departmental and organizational projects as assigned by the Senior Vice President or Director of Sales.
- Present data in charts, graphs, tables or other formats for customer or stakeholder presentations.
- Assist in the smooth seamless operation of the office wherever needed, as well as other related duties as assigned by the Senior Vice President, Director of Sales or sales team.
- Technical capacity with strong MS Excel skills
- Personal effectiveness/credibility
- Collaboration skills
- Solid, independent project management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as this position will require interaction with prospective and current clients
- Detail oriented
- Strong time management skills
- Strong customer service and business etiquette skills
- Committed to continually improving processes
- Strong problem-solving skills
This job operates in an office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is active and requires sitting, standing, walking and bending. The employee may have to lift boxes/items weighing up to 25 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. On occasion, some evenings/weekends/holidays may be required.
Minimal travel may be required to accommodate client events and trainings.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software products, including PowerPoint, Excel, Word and ability to quickly learn industry related software
- Proven experience successfully managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Comprehension of basic accounting and budgeting procedures
Preferred Education & Experience
- College degree or equivalent or relevant work experience
- Hospitality experience preferred
- CRM database and MS product experience preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested applicants should email an introduction letter and resume to Jonathan Neis, Sales Manager, at JNeis@GoProvidence.com prior to end of day, February 7, 2024.