Research & Market Intelligence Manager
Senior Vice President/Sr. Director of Marketing
The Research & Marketing Intelligence Manager is a key role which supports the meetings and conventions sales team, sports sales team and leisure marketing team. This role requires a strategic thinker who will collect, develop, maintain, analyze and disseminate data and market intelligence to maximize the CVB's positive impact on the marketplace.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Serve as the CRM administrator, develop, customize and provide all support of the CRM software application (currently Simpleview).
- Ensure the accuracy of customer and stakeholder records including all pertinent contact information for future marketing and direct selling efforts.
- Prepare and distribute monthly sales and pace related reports utilizing a variety of data sources.
- Develop custom reports as requested by sales and marketing leadership.
- Implement ideas which enhance current reporting.
- Continually evaluate market segmentation to help optimize sales efforts.
- Develop process or procedures to increase quality and accuracy of all reporting.
- Assist in the preparation of the presentation of relevant data to a variety of stakeholder groups.
- Act as administrator of the economic impact calculator and serve as analyst, along with the DOS & Sr. Vice President, in the impact analysis of conventions, meetings, festivals and sporting events.
- Collect and archive weekly, monthly and quarterly data associated with hotel occupancy, average daily rate, RevPAR and demand.
- Provide a broad analysis of existing data from both internal and external sources.
- Track and compile all necessary data points for the CVB annual report.
- Work closely with the marketing department on all digital and web related analytics to help direct future strategy.
- Liaison with State commerce department, US Travel Association and Destinations International on state and regional travel research projects.
- Coordinate messaging and content for CVB stakeholder events and meetings with direction from the President & CEO, Sr. Vice President, Director of Sales, and Sr. Director of Marketing.
- Maintain research on competing cities regarding their marketing and sales strategies.
- Established hospitality sales professional with proven experience and knowledge of revenue management principles
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with GA4 (Google Analytics)
- Advanced proficiency in computer software including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and CRM systems
- A keen awareness and understanding of the marketplace, market segmentation and the target customer base for the destination and the convention center
- Data driven and proficient in data analytics
- Demonstrated creativity and resourcefulness to overcome unexpected roadblocks
- Attention to detail while able to grasp the big picture
- Proactive self-starter
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team
- Personal effectiveness/credibility
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills
This job operates in an office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is active and requires sitting, standing, walking and bending. The employee may have to lift boxes/items weighing up to 25 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Some evenings/weekends/holidays may be required to accommodate travel schedules and meetings.
This position requires up to 10% travel to accommodate training, tradeshows and industry meetings. Travel may be outside the local area and overnight.
Preferred Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with emphasis on statistics, economics, business or database management preferred. A background in convention center or hotel sales, revenue management, or experience in a convention sales environment will be beneficial.
- Experience with GA4, Simpleview, CVENT or MINT desired but not required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Thomas Riel, Senior Vice President, prior to September 28, 2023.