The PWCVB is actively recruiting volunteers to welcome visitors to Providence. If you are interested in learning more and joining an award-winning team. Please see below.
Position Title: Visitor Information Center Volunteer
Purpose: To assist the Providence Warwick Convention & Visitors Bureau (PWCVB) in staffing its Visitor Information Center and satellite concierge tables, where information about visitor activities and special events in the Providence/Warwick area is provided to visitors and residents.
- Maintain knowledge of PWCVB members, Providence Warwick area activities, events, attractions and other information of interest to visitors. Attend volunteer meetings, training and optional tours as scheduled.
- Answer visitor information requests either by phone or in person. Provide information and/or have proper referrals.
- Assist staff in keeping information up to date; maintain records of phone requests.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of Providence locations, map reading, visitor attractions, accommodations, activities and special events.
- Customer service experience. Pleasant phone personality and ability to work well with the general public.
Training: Orientation and on-the-job training
Time Commitment: Minimum of 12 hours per month is preferrable.
If you are interested in a PWCVB volunteer position, please complete the form below.