This Policy applies to information collected on our Websites, including GoProvidence.com, GoSportsRI.com, ProvidenceRestaurantWeeks.com, ProvidencePizzaWeek.com and any other domain names operated by the PWCVB (collectively, the “Websites”) as well as any related services (collectively with the “Websites,” the “Services”).
Providence Warwick Convention & Visitors Bureau
100 Westminster Street
Providence, RI 02903
For questions about privacy and data collection through the Websites, contact email@example.com.
Personal Identification Information
We may collect personal information in several different ways on our Services, including through online forms for general inquiries, to submit an event, travel guide requests, RFP submissions, contests, surveys, partnership applications, or through some offline contacts such as email, mail or phone calls.
We collect this information to provide you with destination news, travel guides and other travel information, promotional materials, maps and other goods or services you may have requested. Personal information you may provide can include first and last name, home and/or business address, zip code, email address, phone number, travel details, interest categories, social media handles, information about your company, guests that will attend an event and any other personal information only provided by you. All information is stored in a secure location and will be used only for the purposes stated.
We also collect personal information about you when you purchase products or services online, over the phone, or at our Visitor Center. These financial transactions are processed through third-party service providers with whom we partner but do not control – Shopify, businesstrack.com and SimpleView Inc . – who will collect personal and financial information from you, such as credit card and billing address information. Your financial information is never provided to us. The information collected from you by these third parties is governed by the privacy policies of those third parties and we encourage you to review them.
Visitors can always refuse to supply personal information, however choosing to do so may prevent the user from engaging in certain Website-related activities. Users of our Services, such as e-newsletter subscriptions, may also withdraw consent for the use of their personal information at any time. To review, update, or delete your collected data, or to withdraw consent for use, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Collected Automatically
GoProvidence.com collects location information if the user agrees to show their location or check-in to venues by GPS. Any location information will be used only for those purposes expressly stated. Users can always turn off/deny access to GPS location at any time.
GoProvidence does not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes without your prior consent.
We may share your personal information with third-party providers that help us provide certain content, services and functionality, such as payment processors and publication distribution vendors who would be given access to your personal information solely for the limited purpose of performing the Services, or providing the information, you requested and for no other purposes. We may also disclose your personal information with our partner businesses when you request a specific product or service that our partners are best able to provide, such as information on tourist attractions, events and restaurants.
We also use third-party web analytics and online advertising services, for example from Google and other advertisers, including, but not limited to, TravelSpike, Cumulus, Yahoo, Facebook and Passport, to track and analyze your Website activity and websites you visit after visiting our Websites, as well as to serve advertisements to you on other websites after you have visited our Websites, which is a practice known as remarketing. This practice uses third-party cookies, such as the Google Analytics and/or other cookies or pixels, to deliver online advertisements based on your online activity, including past visits to our Websites. You will see these advertisements unless you opt-out. If you would like to opt-out of receiving targeted advertising like this from Google, you can manage these settings by visiting the Google Ads settings.
GoProvidence.com contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the information collection processes on these sites and cannot control how the information is used.
GoProvidence.com receives visitors from all over the world. Please note that when accessing this Website outside of the United States, your information may be collected, transferred to, stored or processed in the United States. By continuing to access the Website, you understand and consent to the transfer of your information to our facilities in the United States and those third parties with whom we share it.
GoProvidence uses SimpleView partner services/products that interact with client user information. We meet industry standards for security data storage and maintenance.
We understand the importance of safeguarding the personal information we collect from you. We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information that is under our control in an effort to prevent its loss, misuse or unauthorized access, alteration or disclosure, including established electronic and administrative safeguards designed to make the information we collect secure.
Although we strive to keep your information secure, no guarantee can be made that your information and data will be secure from intrusions and unauthorized release to third parties.
You have the right to review your information at any time. If you would like to review your information within our contacts database, update it, or remove it, please contact email@example.com.
If you would like to be removed from or change your subscriptions to any of our newsletters, there is a link at the bottom of every newsletter that allows you to do so. If you need assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are an individual located in the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain rights with regard to your Personal Information:
We process your Personal Information under the following lawful bases:
• Your consent;
• The performance of the contract between you and the Website;
• Compliance with our legal obligations;
• To protect your vital interests;
• To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
• For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
We will retain your Personal Information for our records for as long as necessary unless and until you ask us to erase this information. For more information on your right of erasure, please see the "Your rights" section below.
1. Right of Access. You may request details of your Personal Information that we hold.
2. Right of Correction. We will comply with your request to edit and update incorrect Personal Information promptly.
3. Right to Be Forgotten. At your request, and unless certain exceptions exist, we will delete your Personal Information.
4. Right to Restrict Processing. At your request, pursuant to certain circumstances, we will limit the processing of your Personal Information.
5. Right to Data Portability. At your request, we will provide you, free of charge, your Personal Information in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format, if: (i) you provided us with Personal Information; (ii) the processing of your Personal Information is based on your consent or required for the performance of a contract; or (iii) the processing is carried out by automated means.
6. Right to Object. Where we process your Personal Information based upon our legitimate interest, then you have the right to object to this processing.
7. Right Not to Be Subject to Decisions Based Solely on Automated Processing. You will not be subject to decisions with a legal or similarly significant effect (including profiling) that are based solely on the automated processing of your Personal Information, unless you have given us your explicit consent or where they are necessary for a contract with us.
8. Right to Withdraw Consent. You have the right to withdraw any consent you may have previously given us at any time. If you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of our collecting, using and sharing of your Personal Information up to the point in time that you withdraw your consent.
9. Right to File a Complaint. If you are not satisfied with our response, you have the right to complain to or seek advice from a supervisory authority and/or bring a claim against us in any court of competent jurisdiction.
In so far as it is practicable, we will notify you of any correction, deletion, and/or limitation on processing of your personal information.
If you wish to exercise one of your rights above, please email us at email@example.com. We will respond to your written request without unreasonable delay and in accordance with any deadlines imposed by law. Unless we notify you at the time of your request, we will not charge you any fee in connection with the exercise of your rights.
Last updated: 07/13/2023