The holidays are coming up pretty quickly. What better way to get your shopping done than to support local small businesses? Thanks to the City of Providence and Mayor Jorge Elorza, two-hour parking will be free in parts of the city. So, get out there and #ThinkPVD by shopping in some of Providence's thriving neighborhoods. Below is a list of areas where you can take advantage of the free holiday parking, as well as links to the neighborhoods with shopping and dining information.
Prefer a map view of where you can park? View our free parking map.
Free 2-Hour Holiday Parking
Nov. 29, 2019–Jan. 1, 2020
10 a.m.–9 p.m.
- Atwells Avenue – Bradford Street to Knight Street
- Spruce Street – Dean Street to Acorn Street
- Dean Street – Atwells Avenue to West Exchange Street
- Acorn Street – Spruce Street to Atwells Avenue
- Bradford Street – Atwells Avenue to Jones Street
- Bond Street – Atwells Avenue to Spruce Street
Broad Street – Public Street to Montgomery Street
- Downtown Providence – Bounded by Fountain Street, Memorial Boulevard,
Weybosset Street, Empire, and Friendship streets (from Dyer Street to Dorrance Street)
- Hope Street – Rochambeau Avenue to Blackstone Boulevard
North Main Street – Thomas Street to Park Row
- Olneyville Square – Route 10 to Sydney Street
- Delaine Street to Atwood Street to Magnolia Street
- South Main Street – James Street to Packet Street
- Point Street – From Eddy Street to East Franklin Street
- Thayer Street – Bowen Street to Waterman Street
- East Angell Street/Angell Street to Gano Street
- Wayland Avenue from Angell Street to Pitman Street
- Wickenden Street at Benefit Street to Ives Street at Preston Street