Two German bloggers recently visited Providence and bemoaned the lack of things there are to do in the city on a Sunday morning. While most cities certainly aren't at their peak of activity at that time of day or week, there are still plenty of things to do. Here are 17:
1. Start the day with a run or walk along Blackstone Boulevard.
2. Grab a "Rhody" at Vanuatu Coffee Roasters and a pastry at Scialo Brothers Bakery, then sit by the fountain and enjoy the start of a busy day on Federal Hill.
3. Browse the stands and sample some food trucks at The Providence Flea.
4. Hit the West Side for a big breakfast at Julian's, Nick's on Broadway or the West Side Diner.
5. Pay homage to Providence's favorite writer and find HP Lovecraft's grave in gorgeous Swan Point Cemetery.
6. Take a historic walking tour of Benefit Street using this as your guide.
7. Worship in the First Baptist Church in America.
8. Glide through the rivers of Providence in a gondola with La Gondola.
9. Book a run with City Running Tours.
10. Visit the Providence Children's Museum.
11. Learn more about Rhode Island's founder at the Roger Williams National Memorial.
12. Hop along the Outback Trail with the kangaroos and wallaby's at the Roger Williams Park Zoo.
13. Pamper yourself with a treatment at The Spa at the Providence Biltmore.
14. Get a dose of summer any time of year at the Roger Williams Park Botanical Center.
15. Buy all the fixings for a classic Italian Sunday dinner at Venda Ravioli.
16. Hit the sales at the Providence Place mall.
17. Spend the morning with a Sunday paper and a large coffee at Dave's, Seven Stars, Bolt, New Harvest or any of the other shops in one of Travel + Leisure's top cities for coffee.