Two German bloggers visited Providence a while back and bemoaned the lack of things there are to do in the city on a Sunday morning. While most cities certainly aren't at their peak of activity at that time of day or week, there are still plenty of things to do. Here are 17:
1. Start the day with a run or walk along Blackstone Boulevard.
2. Reward yourself and grab a doughnut at Knead Doughnuts on Elmgrove Avenue.
3. Browse the stands and sample some food trucks at The Providence Flea.
4. Hit the West End for a big breakfast at Julian's, Nick's on Broadway or the West Side Diner.
5. Pay homage to Providence's favorite writer and find H.P. Lovecraft's grave in gorgeous Swan Point Cemetery.
6. Take a historic walking tour of Benefit Street using this as your guide.
8. Glide through the rivers of Providence in a gondola with La Gondola.
9. Take a class at CycleBar Providence — you won’t even need a helmet!
11. Learn more about Rhode Island's founder at the Roger Williams National Memorial.
12. Hop along the Outback Trail with the kangaroos and wallabies at the Roger Williams Park Zoo.
13. Stroll through the Arcade, the oldest indoor mall in the U.S.
15. Buy all the fixings for a classic Italian Sunday dinner at Venda Ravioli.
16. Hit the sales at Providence Place, a downtown mall.